Thursday, December 16, 2010

What is important in Life?

SOCIALIZE IT →

Long ago I heard a joke - A drunk beggar came to a man and asked "Sir can you spare some change?"
The Man "Why do you beg?"
The beggar "To buy myself a drink"
The man "Why do you drink?"
The beggar "to give me courage to beg"

If you think about it most of the things the materialistic modern men do is not much different, only a tad more complex. 
For example, I asked an educated NRI
"Why do you need a SUV?"
He- "mainly to go to my work, of course"
I - "Why do you need to work?"
He - "to make money of course" (and gave me a look, as if I am asking the most obvious things)
I- "and why do you need money"
He-" come on man, I have to pay for my car and...."


Think about what is the purpose of many of our activities you would be surprised, how we create our own problems and then try to solve it, and that in turn creates more problems, and we try to solve them, and we get caught in a purposeless vicious circle of activities. I am sure you can come up with hundred such example in your own life.

An engineer knows what happens when you run an Air-conditioner to cool a room with the Heat-exchanger also inside the room, the room only gets hotter and hotter. Similarly for all your activities , remember where the important things should come in and waste should go, otherwise your mind (and life) would only accumulate what you wanted to avoid in the first place.

Try to cut the useless activities, save that time for excercise, gardening, meditation and teaching your children and the unfortunate children in the neighborhood.




0 comments :

Post a Comment